Kiki Goes Red!

A few weeks ago, on May 21st, I colored the front portion of my hair red. I used Loreal HiColor in Red. It's formulated for dark hair so there's no need to bleach beforehand. It hi-lifts & deposits color in one step, which is great for me since my hair is relaxed. Although the box clearly says to use volume 20 if the hair is relaxed, I used 40. In the past volume 20 didn't allow the color to show well. Now let me just say this: please don't do what I did! Not only should I have used volume 20 developer, but I also should have waited at least another week because I just did a relaxer touch-up the week before. Luckily, I keep up with my moisture & protein balance every week. My hair reacts positively with more protein. I'm soooo happy that it worked and my hair didn't fall out.

This week I wore it curled.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I want to go that color next. I'm Chestnut Blonde right now ;)

    ReplyDelete