almost doesn't count

...but this is as far as I'll get with this piece in 2010. as I take a break from sewing to crank out knitted items for this icy winter weather we're having, I bring to you my un-hemed cozy! (p.s. the stripe orientation is different in the back because, well, I like being different. hence, the orange & grey stripes. ^_^)
it's been on the mannequin w/ the necklace since November 13th. LOL. this was inspired by a cashmere cozy at...I don't remember where because that was back in July/August. it was lush and had a little bit of lurex mixed with the yarn. my friend used it for the development of her girl's 2011 fall line and I was not about to shell out $198 for a light weight sweater I didn't need. the body was really simple so I measured it, did a rough sketch and jotted down the measurements to create my own pattern pieces.
made the patterns out of old newspaper on Nov. 12th and had it all cut out and serged together the next day. just need to set up the regular sewing machine for a double needle hem finish...

see...I did pay attention in my paper pattern making classes!

2 comments:

  1. wow kiki, you're kinda like me because i made something like this (green and gray stripes which i love stripes!) while trying to remember how my draping teacher taught me. I was trying to replicate one of my sisters hoody striped long sleeve. Good work though!

    ReplyDelete